Get 15,000 BMO Rewards welcome points (worth $75 when you pay with points)!
Get up to 70,000 points and the annual fee waived in the first year for both the primary cardholder and authorized users.
Get a 0.99% introductory interest rate on Balance Transfers for 9 months, 2% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.
5x the points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases, 3x the points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases and recurring bill payments, 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else.
Get 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent.
Get up to 25% off your next rental at National Car Rental
and Alamo Rent A Car locations.
Complimentary membership in Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass, with four annual complimentary passes.
(21.99% for Quebec residents)
(21.99% for Quebec residents)
Minimum $80,000 (individual) or $150,000 (household) annual income required.
Treat yourself with BMO Rewards and Pay with Points for any purchase. Perfect for life's everyday pleasures like a latte, subscription services or a bouquet of flowers just because.
3. Choose how many points you would like to redeem toward your purchase - you can redeem your points for as little as $1!
1. Sign into bmorewards.com and select the Pay with Points tab.
2. Browse your recent transactions and select which eligible purchase you want to redeem points for.
Redeem points for flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages – with no black-out periods.
No extra costs – your points cover all flight fees and taxes.
Save for the future by redeeming points for a contribution to a BMO savings or investment account.
Pay with points. Let your points pick up the tab. Apply your points directly to eligible purchases.
Other things you need to know
Details matter. Here’s some more information about the BMO Rewards Mastercard and
BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard
Terms & Conditions
1. The 15,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points offer is limited to new BMO Rewards Mastercard accounts. Applications must be received between September 2, 2022 and July 31, 2023 (“Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. Receive 15,000 BMO Rewards points when you spend a minimum of $1,000 (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) within the first three (3) months from the account open date. 15,000 BMO Rewards points will be credited to your Collector Account within three (3) business days following the qualifying $1,000 spend. This offer is not available to current or former BMO Rewards Mastercard cardholders who reinstate a closed account or open a new account. If a cardholder cancels their account within ninety (90) days from the account open date the welcome bonus will be cancelled. Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be changed without notice.
2. Subject to the BMO Rewards Terms and Conditions, BMO Rewards points are calculated based on purchases of goods or services charged to the BMO World Elite Mastercard or BMO Rewards Mastercard account , less any refunds or adjustments, rounded down to the nearest whole point. Cash advances (including purchases of foreign currency or travellers cheques), interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments and any amount other than purchases that may be charged to the account with the card, do not qualify for points. Bank of Montreal may establish other qualifying and non-qualifying transactions from time to time.
3. The contract ID number (3717122 for National Car Rental and 7014883 for Alamo Rent A Car) must be included when making a car rental reservation to receive discounts. Discount applies to base rate only at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car locations. Discount varies by rental date, location and vehicle type. Taxes, other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges (including GST), license and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as LDW up to US $30 per day) are extra. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. May not be combined with other discounts. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice.
4. Ongoing interest rates, interest-free grace period, annual fees and all other applicable fees are subject to change. Cash advances include Balance Transfers, cash-like transactions and Mastercard cheques. Visit your branch; call the Customer Contact Centre at 1-800-263-2263, or visit bmo.com/creditcards for current rates and fees.
5. BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard applications must be received between January 6, 2022 and July 31, 2023 (the “Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. 40,000 BMO Rewards points will be applied to your BMO Rewards Collector Account after you spend a minimum of $3,000 (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) within the first three (3) months after the account open date. 40,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be credited to your Collector Account within sixty (60) business days following the qualifying $3,000 spend. Receive an additional 2,500 BMO Rewards bonus points for each subsequent calendar month during which at least $2,000 in net purchases are posted to your account by the last day of the applicable month. The additional monthly BMO Rewards bonus points will be earned only for the period beginning 4 months from the account open date and ending 15 months from the account open date. BMO Rewards monthly bonus points will be credited to your Collector Account within seven (7) business days following the qualifying $2,000 monthly spend. Account must be in good standing at the time the points are credited to receive the monthly spend bonus. The primary cardholder annual fee of $150 will be rebated in the first year and will appear as a fee and a credit on the primary cardholders first statement. The first Additional Card annual fee of $50 will be rebated in the first year if the first authorized user is added to the account within three (3) statement cycles from the account open date. The first Additional Card annual fee of $50 will appear as a fee and a credit on the statement for the statement period during which the first authorized user was added to the account. After the first year, the annual fee will appear on your Credit Card statement twelve (12) months after the Credit Card open date. Offer does not apply to the Additional Card annual fee for more than one (1) additional card. This offer is not available to current or former BMO World Elite Mastercard cardholders who reinstate a closed account or open a new account during the Offer Period. Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. If you cancel your card within ninety (90) days of account opening, the welcome bonus will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
6. a) You will earn 5 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases, up to $15,000 annually per BMO Rewards collector account (resets January 1st of each calendar year). The 5 BMO Rewards points includes the base earn rate of 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent on card purchases (“Base Rewards”) and the bonus of 4 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases (“Bonus Rewards”). To earn Bonus Rewards, your purchases must be made at merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network as: airlines, car rental agencies, hotels/resorts, cruise lines, passenger railways, tour operators, timeshares, and travel agencies (“Applicable Merchants”). If you exceed $15,000 in combined annual purchases, you will continue to earn the Base Rewards. You will earn 3 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases, as well as recurring bill payments, up to $10,000 annually for each spend category, per BMO Rewards collector account (resets January 1st of each calendar year). The 3 BMO Rewards points includes the base earn rate of 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent on card purchases (“Base Rewards”) and the bonus of 2 BMO Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases and recurring bill payments (“Bonus Rewards”). To earn Bonus Rewards, your purchases must be made at merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network as: dining: eating places, restaurants, drinking places, fast food restaurants and entertainment including motion picture theatres, theatrical producers, ticket agencies, bands, orchestras and miscellaneous entertainers, tourist attractions and exhibits, amusement parks, carnivals, circuses, aquariums, dolphinariums, zoos and seaquariums (“Applicable Merchants”). Recurring bill payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis, and which are automatically billed by the merchant to your BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard. Not all merchants offer recurring payments, and not all ongoing payments will be considered “recurring bill payments” and therefore may not earn Bonus Rewards. Please check with your merchant to see if your recurring payment qualifies. If you exceed $10,000 in annual purchases for each spend category, you will continue to earn the Base Rewards. You will not earn the bonus BMO Rewards points on recurring bill payments that are also eligible travel, dining, or entertainment purchases. Some merchants may sell the same or similar products/services as the Applicable Merchants or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of the Applicable Merchants, but are classified by Mastercard in another manner (“Other Merchants”). You will only earn Base Rewards for purchases made at Other Merchants.
b) Subject to the BMO Rewards Terms and Conditions, BMO Rewards points are calculated based on purchases of goods or services charged to the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard or the BMO Rewards Mastercard account, less any refunds or adjustments, rounded down to the nearest whole point. Cash advances (including purchases of foreign currency or travellers cheques), interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments and any amount other than purchases that may be charged to the account with the card, do not qualify for points. Bank of Montreal may establish other qualifying and non-qualifying transactions from time to time.
7. Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass is a worldwide program run by DragonPass International Ltd. This benefit will be available to all cardholders of a BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard (“eligible cardholders”). Eligible cardholders are required to comply with the Conditions of Use available online at mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com or on the Mastercard Travel Pass mobile application, as well as any additional terms and conditions applicable to the lounge or offer being used by the eligible cardholder. The Conditions of Use are subject to change from time to time without notice to Issuer or the eligible cardholders. Eligible cardholders wishing to access a participating lounge must present their Mastercard Travel Pass mobile app or membership document showing the QR code and DragonPass membership number (this may be obtained by the eligible cardholder by registering an account at mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com or downloading the Mastercard Travel pass application from the app store) to the lounge receptionist and reference “Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass.” Value and benefits of the Mastercard Travel Pass complimentary membership are subject to change without notice. Use the four complimentary passes for yourself as the primary cardholder or to cover the cost of the lounge visit of your travelling companion. To identify the primary cardholder on your account, please check the name on your monthly statement. After using four passes, you and your travelling companion can continue to enjoy lounge access for a fee of just US$32 per person, per visit. For a complete list of open and eligible lounges, please visit mastercardtravelpass.dragonpass.com.
8. Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty Insurance benefits provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch).
9. Subject to terms and conditions, including limitations, exclusions and other important information contained in the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard Total Travel & Medical Protection Certificate/Policy of Insurance, which is sent to new cardholders. Out-of-Province/Out-of-Country Emergency Medical benefits are available to cardholders under the age of 65. Insurance benefits provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch) except Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance provided by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada. For questions related to Accidental Death and Dismemberment you may contact Chubb's administrator at 1-800-337-2632, or visit www.chubb.com. For questions on the remaining benefits you may contact the administrator Allianz Global Assistance Canada at 1-877-704-0341 or visit www.allianz-assistance.ca.
10. a) Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each balance transfer amount is eligible for a promotional interest rate of 0.99% provided that each balance transfer is posted to your BMO CashBack Mastercard account or BMO Rewards Mastercard account (the "Account") in the first 9 (nine) statement periods from the Account open date (“Promotional Period”) , and your Account remains in good standing. Offer is available to new customers only upon Account approval for applications submitted on or after September 2, 2022. Balances from other BMO credit card accounts are not eligible to be transferred. The promotional rate will no longer apply to your Account if you transfer into a card other than the BMO CashBack Mastercard or BMO Rewards Mastercard. Balance transfers apply to Canadian dollar amounts only.
b) Balance transfers do not qualify to earn loyalty rewards such as CashBack Rewards or BMO Rewards Points. Balance transfers are treated as cash advances and the promotional interest rate applies from the date the transactions are posted to your Account until the last day of the Promotional Period. After the Promotional Period expires, any remaining balance transfer amounts will be charged interest at the standard annual interest rate for cash advances. The promotional interest rate of 0.99% does not apply to purchases, fees, cash advances and other charges posted to your Account during the Promotional Period. Standard interest rates will continue to apply to those transactions. Please refer to your monthly statement for the interest rate applicable to your Account.
c) Each balance transfer is subject to a fee of 2% which will be charged to your account on the date the balance transfer is posted to your Account. For example, if an amount of $1,000 is transferred to your Account, you will be charged a fee of $20. You may request a balance transfer for as low as $100, as long as the transfer amount plus the fee, does not exceed the unused portion of the credit limit on your Account.
11. Pay with Points is one of the redemption options available to BMO Rewards cardholders. Cardholders can visit bmorewards.com to redeem their points to cover transactions made in the last 30 days by the primary cardholder. The cardholder is required to have enough points for $1 minimum redemption. Redemptions can be made for the full amount of the transaction or only a portion. Pay with Points won’t be available for transactions posted to the account for more than 30 days. Transactions made in the following categories won’t be eligible for this service: Money Transfer Agent/Wire Transfers, Financial Institutions-Manual cash disbursements, Financial Institutions- Automated cash disbursements, Non-Financial Institution – Foreign Currency/Quasi-Cash, Dating or Escort Services, Truck Stop Transactions, Government-Owned Lottery (US Only), Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-Line Gambling) – (US Only), Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing- (US Only), Betting including lottery, gaming, chips, track wagers, Political Organizations, Religious Organizations, Tax Payments, Merchants that have sale of counterfeit or trademark infringing products or services, Merchants that have sale of adult or mature content products or services.