Enjoy the most cash back on groceries in Canada without paying an annual fee.
Get up to 5% cash back in your first 3 months. Plus, a $50 cash back bonus - that's up to $175 in cash back in your first year!
Get a 1.99% introductory interest rate on Balance Transfers for 9 months, 1% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.
Then get 3% cash back on grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments and 0.5% unlimited cash back on all other purchases!
No annual fee credit card.
( for Quebec residents)
Earn even more cash back when you add another cardholder for free
Shop confidently with an extended warranty and purchase protection
Save up to 25% off rentals at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car locations
BMO Credit Card Balance Protection
BMO Roadside Assistance
BMO CashBack Mastercard
We'll respond in under 60 seconds.
Your cash back rewards never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
No waiting! Redeem you cash back any time you want for as little as $1.
Set up an automatic deposit whenever you reach a certain amount, starting at $25.
Enjoy the flexibility to put your cash back where you want:
Give your financial health a boost with online and mobile banking tools. Enjoy more control over your credit card and a better understanding about how you're using it.
Stay on top of your spending with a personalized look at your money.
Can't find your card? No worries, you can lock it, unlock it or report it lost or stolen at any time.
Log in to your mobile or online banking for free, 24/7 access to CreditView.
Resolve an issue with your statement or reset your PIN directly from your mobile app.
Terms & Conditions
1. BMO eclipse Visa Infinite applications must be received between October 19, 2020 and October 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”) to be eligible for this offer. 25,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be applied to your BMO Rewards Collector Account after you spend a minimum of $3,000 (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) within the first three (3) months after the account open date. 25,000 BMO Rewards welcome bonus points will be credited to your Collector Account within three (3) business days following the qualifying $3,000 spend. Receive an additional 15,000 BMO Rewards points anniversary bonus twelve (12) months after the Credit Card account open date if your account is in good standing at the time you qualify for the anniversary bonus. 40,000 BMO Rewards Points are worth $266 when you redeem points for travel rewards.
Lifestyle credit: Customers will be eligible to receive a $50 statement credit each year (annual period starts on January 1st of every year). The primary cardholder’s account will be credited within two statement cycles after making a purchase that is equal to or greater than the total amount of the statement credit on the Account, provided the Account is open and in good standing at the time of payout. Only primary cardholders are eligible for the statement credit. This offer is subject to change.
Annual fee waiver: The primary cardholder annual fee of $120 will be rebated in the first year and will appear as a fee and a credit on the primary cardholders first statement. After the first year, the annual fee will appear on your Credit Card statement twelve (12) months after the Credit Card open date. Offer does not apply to the Additional Card annual fee.
Existing BMO credit card cardholders who transfer into this product during the Offer Period are not eligible for this offer. If you cancel your card within ninety (90) days of account opening, the welcome bonus will be
2. The accelerated earn rate is 5 BMO Rewards points (as applicable) per $1 charged to the Account for purchases made in Canada at merchant locations classified as gas, grocery, transit, and dining. Purchases must be made at merchants classified through the Visa network with a Merchant Category Code (“MCC”) that identifies them in the “gas”, “grocery”, “dining”, or “transit” category. The accelerated earn rate applies to the first $50,000 in annual purchases on the Account, at merchants qualifying for the accelerated earn rate, which can be calculated from January 1st to December 31st each year. Once the combined cardholder spend exceeds this threshold, they will continue earning points at the regular earn rate of 1 point per $1 in purchases. BMO Rewards points will be posted to the primary cardholder’s account, provided the Account is open and in good standing when the purchases are made and when the statement is issued.
3. The earn rate for purchases at merchants not classified as gas, grocery, transit, or dining is 1 BMO Rewards point (as applicable) per $1 charged to the Account. For the accelerated earn rate, transactions made in the following categories won’t be eligible for this service: Money Transfer Agent/Wire Transfers, Financial Institutions-Manual cash disbursements, Financial Institutions- Automated cash disbursements, Non-Financial Institution – Foreign Currency/Quasi-Cash, Dating or Escort Services, Truck Stop Transactions, Government-Owned Lottery (US Only), Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-Line Gambling) – (US Only), Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing- (US Only), Betting including lottery, gaming, chips, track wagers, Political Organizations, Religious Organizations, Tax Payments, Merchants that have sale of counterfeit or trademark infringing products or services, Merchants that have sale of adult or mature content products or services.
4. Ongoing interest rates, interest-free grace period, annual fees and all other applicable fees are subject to change. Cash advances include balance transfers, cash-like transactions. Visit your branch; call the Customer Contact Centre at 1-833-256-7137, or visit bmo.com/creditcards for current rates and fees.
5. Pay with Points is one of the redemption options available to BMO Rewards cardholders. Cardholders can visit bmorewards.com to redeem their points to cover transactions made in the last 30 days by the primary cardholder. The cardholder is required to have enough points for $1 minimum redemption. Redemptions can be made for the full amount of the transaction or only a portion. Pay with Points won’t be available for transactions posted to the account for more than 30 days. Transactions made in the following categories won’t be eligible for this service: Money Transfer Agent/Wire Transfers, Financial Institutions-Manual cash disbursements, Financial Institutions- Automated cash disbursements, Non-Financial Institution – Foreign Currency/Quasi-Cash, Dating or Escort Services, Truck Stop Transactions, Government-Owned Lottery (US Only), Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-Line Gambling) – (US Only), Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing- (US Only), Betting including lottery, gaming, chips, track wagers, Political Organizations, Religious Organizations, Tax Payments, Merchants that have sale of counterfeit or trademark infringing products or services, Merchants that have sale of adult or mature content products or services.
6. BMO CashBack Mastercard applications must be received between May 1, 2020, and October 31, 2021 to receive the 5% cash back welcome bonus offer. The 5% earn rate applies to qualified spend up to $2,500 (up to $500 qualified spend on grocery, up to $500 qualified spend in recurring bill payments, and up to $1500 qualified spend on all other purchases (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments) in the welcome offer period, with a maximum of $125 cash back. Please see details as follows:
a.) Grocery purchases: Receive 3% cash back on the first $500 spent on eligible grocery purchases (classified by Mastercard’s “Merchant Category Code” as “grocery stores and supermarkets” MCC 5411) per billing cycle period and an additional 2% bonus cash back up to a maximum of $500 spent on all combined grocery purchases in the first three (3) billing cycles. In total, you could earn up to $25 cash back from qualified grocery spend in the welcome offer period.
b.) Recurring Bill Payments: Receive 1% cash back on the first $500 spent on eligible recurring bill payments (defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis, and which are automatically billed by the merchant to your BMO CashBack Mastercard per billing cycle and an additional 4% bonus cash back up to a maximum of $500 spent on all qualified recurring bill payments in the first three (3) billing cycles. You will not earn any bonus cash back on recurring bill payments that are also classified as grocery, transit or gas and electric vehicle charging purchases as described above (classified by Mastercard’s “Merchant Category Code”) and are subject to the bonus capping rules of eligible grocery, transit or gas and electric vehicle charging purchases. In total, you could earn up to $25 cash back from qualified recurring bill payments in the welcome offer period.
c.) All other purchases: Receive 0.5% cash back on purchases and an additional 4.5% bonus cash back up to a maximum of $1,500 spent in the first three (3) billing cycles. In total, you could earn up to $75 cash back from qualified purchases.
d.) The 5% bonus cash back offer is limited to new BMO CashBack Mastercard accounts and will not be awarded to current or former cardholders who reinstate a closed account, product transfer, or who open a new account. Limit of one bonus offer per account. If you cancel your card within ninety (90) days from the date your account is opened, all CashBack Rewards earned within that period will be cancelled. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
7. a) Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each balance transfer amount is eligible for a promotional interest rate of 1.99% provided that each balance transfer is posted to your BMO CashBack Mastercard account or BMO Rewards Mastercard account (the "Account") in the first 9 (nine) statement periods from the Account open date (“Promotional Period”) , and your Account remains in good standing. Offer is available to new customers only upon Account approval for applications submitted on or after August 8, 2018. Balances from other BMO credit card accounts are not eligible to be transferred. The promotional rate will no longer apply to your Account if you transfer into a card other than the BMO CashBack Mastercard or BMO Rewards Mastercard. Balance transfers apply to Canadian dollar amounts only.
b) Balance transfers do not qualify to earn loyalty rewards such as CashBack Rewards or BMO Rewards Points. Balance transfers are treated as cash advances and the promotional interest rate applies from the date the transactions are posted to your Account until the last day of the Promotional Period. After the Promotional Period expires, any remaining balance transfer amounts will be charged interest at the standard annual interest rate for cash advances. The promotional interest rate of 1.99% does not apply to purchases, fees, cash advances and other charges posted to your Account during the Promotional Period. Standard interest rates will continue to apply to those transactions. Please refer to your monthly statement for the interest rate applicable to your Account.
c) Each balance transfer is subject to a fee of 1% which will be charged to your account on the date the balance transfer is posted to your Account. For example, if an amount of $1,000 is transferred to your Account, you will be charged a fee of $10. You may request a balance transfer for as low as $100, as long as the transfer amount plus the fee, does not exceed the unused portion of the credit limit on your Account.
d) If your Account has balances with different interest rates, such as purchases with a standard interest rate and balance transfers with a promotional interest rate, any payment that exceeds the minimum payment will be allocated proportionately to those balances according to the terms set out in section 14 of the BMO Mastercard Cardholder Agreement. For example, if you have an $800 purchases balance at the standard interest rate and a $200 balance transfer balance at a promotional interest rate, 80 per cent of your payment will be allocated to your purchases balance and 20 percent will be allocated to your balance transfer balance. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice.
e) You will pay interest on purchases unless you pay your full Account balance by the payment due date. For example, if you complete a balance transfer for $5,000 and spend $2,000 in purchases during the same statement period, you must pay the entire balance of $7,000 before the payment due date to avoid paying interest on your purchases. You will be charged interest if you only pay the amount owing for your purchases. There is no interest-free grace period for cash advances or balance transfers.
f) To transfer balances from non-BMO credit card accounts, register for Online Banking or log in at bmo.com and do the following; select your Mastercard account, then select Set up Balance Transfer or Pre-authorized payment, then select Credit Card Balance Transfer and follow the instructions to complete the transfer.
8. a) Offer is cumulative over the statement period. Award of CashBack rewards is made for purchases charged to your account (less refunds and excluding cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, payments, credit or debit adjustments) and is subject to the CashBack Rewards Terms and Conditions and the BMO Mastercard Cardholder Agreement. The number of CashBack rewards will be rounded down to the nearest cent.
b) Earn 3% cash back in Grocery Store purchases up to a maximum of $500 per statement cycle period. The 3% cash back includes the base earn rate of 0.5% cash back for card purchases (“Base Rewards”) and the bonus of 2.5% cash back for Grocery Store Purchases (“Bonus Rewards”). To earn Bonus Rewards, your Grocery Store Purchase must be made at merchants classified by Mastercard’s “Merchant Category Code” as “grocery stores and supermarkets” (MCC 5411). BMO (“Bank of Montreal”) cannot guarantee that any merchant, operating in whole or in part as a grocery store, is classified by MCC 5411 and in no event will BMO be liable or responsible for any claims with respect to a grocery store purchase made at a merchant that is not classified by MCC 5411. To consult the list of participating merchants, please call the number on the back of your card.
c) Earn 1% cash back on Recurring Bill Payments up to a maximum of $500 per statement cycle period. The 1% cash back includes the base earn rate of 0.5% cash back for card purchases (“Base Rewards”) and the bonus of 0.5% cash back for Recurring Bill Payments (“Bonus Rewards”). Recurring bill payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or other regular basis, and which are automatically billed by the merchant to your BMO CashBack Mastercard. Not all merchants offer recurring payments, and not all ongoing payments will be considered “recurring bill payments” and therefore may not earn Bonus Rewards. Please check with your merchant to see if your recurring payment qualifies.
d) Receive 0.5% unlimited cash back on non-grocery and non-recurring bill payment purchases, and on grocery purchases and recurring bill payment purchases that exceed the $500 maximum spend per statement period.
9. As an introductory feature, primary cardholders that add a supplementary card to their account will receive a 10% bonus earn rate to their existing card accelerator. This benefit will be available for transactions made both by the primary cardholder and its authorized user(s). The benefit will be present in the account until BMO communicates to the primary cardholder that the benefit will be discontinued. Refer to the following eligibility criteria for supplementary cardholders: Authorized User is at least 13 years of age; primary account must be activated before Authorized User is added; Authorized User must have a Canadian address where they can receive correspondence if required; Authorized User is not being requested in the name of the primary cardholder; Authorized User is not already on the account; account has less than 9 Authorized Users; Authorized User being added is not in a Business Name. This offer is subject to change.
10. Insurance benefits are subject to specific terms and conditions, including limitations, exclusions and other important information contained in the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card Certificates of Insurance booklet that is sent to new cardholders. Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance provides coverage for the first 15 consecutive days of each trip for cardholders under the age of 65. All insurance coverages are provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch).
11. Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty Insurance benefits provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch).
12. The contract ID number (3717122 for National Car Rental and 7014883 for Alamo Rent A Car) must be included when making a car rental reservation to receive discounts. Discount applies to base rate only at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car locations. Discount varies by rental date, location and vehicle type. Taxes, other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges (including GST), license and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as LDW up to US $30 per day) are extra. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. May not be combined with other discounts. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice.
®BMO is a registered trademark of Bank of Montreal.
*Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.